Industrial LED Lighting Solutions
EES specializes in turnkey industrial LED lighting projects. The complexities from LED projects within manufacturing facilities can pose challenges that are uncommon with standard commercial retrofit projects. Some of these challenges include:
- Scheduling around production hours
- GMP requirements - GMP manufacturing spaces require documentation of work scope, installation methodology and a well defined workspace sanitation process prior to project implementation.
- Ease of access - A majority lighting for industrial spaces were either installed for a different manufacturing process or spacing was established prior to the manufacturing process being installed. This creates complexity relating to access and strategic placement of new lights post project to address the access related to challenges.
- Freezer, refrigerated or wash down spaces - These types of spaces impact the installation methodology and the fixture type used to reduce risks of condensation & water entry into he fixtures causing premature failure as well as lighting system discoloration.
Although the challenges previously mentioned have to be accounted for, the savings achieved can be significant. Manufacturing and warehouse spaces are typically air conditioned or refrigerated. Lighting upgrades also contribute to reductions in cooling requirements, which further contributes to energy savings especially on systems that operate for 24 x 7.
Commercial LED Lighting Solutions
When compared with Industrial LED Upgrades, commercial upgrades are more simplistic. Typical retrofits typically include upgrades to existing drop ceiling fixtures or accent linear strip fixtures within commercial office or retail spaces. We employ 2 different strategies:
- T-5 & T-8 Re-Lamps - Relamp of existing fixtures provides the simplest path and lowest cost of capital investment to achieve higher efficiency lighting. Retrofits are relatively simple and provides a path to maintain a bulb style warrantee and long term ownership process. If a LED bulb fails, the bulb itself can be simply replaced, while maintaining the fixture style and uniformity throughout the building. Typical utility incentives for re-lamps run between $3.00 - 6.00 per lamp and can end up paying for 50 - 75% of the cost of the new T-8 or T-5 retrofit lamp.
- Whole Fixture Replacements - Entire fixtures can be replaced either through a complete fixture replacement or troffer retrofit kits. Available incentives are higher for complete fixture replacements, ranging from $20.00 - $35.00 per fixture. The work related to a fixture replacement and the material costs increases the cost of the upgrade and typically doubles the payback period from a standard T-8, T-5 realm project.